Astoria Middle School will present mini-lessons to students April 22-24, May 29 and June 7 to enhance summer learning.
Research shows that young people experience learning losses when they don’t engage in educational activities during the summer. Further data shows that on average, students lose approximately 2.6 months of grade-level equivalency in mathematical computation skills over the summer months. The mini-lessons are designed to provide ideas for students and encourage educational growth over the long break.
Topics and lessons will be presented by the following groups:
- Astoria Public Library Online and Summer Activities
- Book Talk: Sharing Great Reading Choices
- Columbia River Maritime Museum
- Astoria Parks & Recreation
- Purple Cow Toys (how some toys help you learn about physics!)
- Astoria Food Cooperative
A link will be placed on the AMS site for parents and students to access for more information.